Ickworth Hotel | Suffolk Wedding Photography | Nicola & Nick
September weddings are great. The colours are starting to change and the sun seems lower in the sky. So when you get a spectacular venue and and an equally spectacular couple to work with, as a photographer, you can’t wish for more.
Nicola and Nick had popped over to my house for a coffee a few weeks before the wedding and Nicola had a very clear idea of how their day was going to run. Nick is a huge Marvel fan and with Nicola’s love of all things Disney, I just knew this would be no ordinary day!
So after discussing the list of must have shots, I was given free reign to capture the day as I saw fit – music to my ears!
Cue Captain America shields, Hulk fists and Thor Hammers, action hero t-shirts, Mickey Mouse balloons and even Mickey Mouse shaped bouquets!
So all of this fun and lightheartedness with the regal backdrop of The Ickworth Hotel, a grand, imposing former stately home on the National Trust Ickworth Estate.
Having photographed a handful of weddings previously at Ickworth, I had a few ideas up my sleeve.
So this called for a subtle mix of fun! Action shots coupled with the traditional, country house wedding photos, that it would have been a shame not to get at such a photogenic location.
The sun shone gloriously all day so there was plenty of time for the guests to sit around, drink, and play games on the lawn.
Meanwhile I sneaked the new Mr & Mrs Granger off for a few couple shots around the lovely gardens, which were still abundant with flowers.
The evening celebrations were held a few miles away at West Row village hall, which was also decorated with more than just a nod to Disney! The guests enjoyed a fabulous BBQ with all the trimmings and a vintage ice cream trike was a welcome desert on a lovely hot day.
Congratulations Mr & Mrs Granger! You certainly pulled off the wedding of your dreams and it was a pleasure to capture it all for you.
Amazing suppliers included:
- Venue: The Ickworth Hotel
- Bridalwear: Peters Bridal Soham
- Cupcakes : Nadine’s Cakes & Celebrations
- Selfie Mirror : Party Malarkey
- Glitter bar: Face ‘n’ Glitz
- Donuts : Devilish Donuts
- BBQ and Ice Cream : Allen & Son Hog Roast & Ice Cream Bike
- Venue Décor: Lulabelles
- Chaucer Barn | Norfolk Wedding Photography | Rebecca & Ekwa
- Kimberley Hall | Norfolk Wedding Photography | Emma & Rob
- Lynford Hall Hotel | Norfolk Wedding Photography | Amy & Stephen
- Ivy House Hotel | Suffolk Wedding Photography | Rebecca & Matt
- Dunston Hall | Norfolk Wedding Photography | James & Gemma